Pagine

sabato 5 ottobre 2013

BRETAGNE

Bretagne, a dream came true! I was there last year with my sister and a friend, unfortunately only for one week in August. I would suggest to visit the whole region and this should take at least two weeks. What I love about this area in the north west of France is above all the landscape that reminds me of my beloved Ireland and its past roots: the Celtic heritage.
The food is simply a great experience and the sound of the sea is a joy for the soul.

HOW I GOT TO RENNES
We started off in Milano central station and took the 19:15 Thello train to Paris http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=4005d8f9f285a110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD and arrived at 9:25. From there we got the tube towards Montparnasse train station in order to get a TGV train to Rennes. Once in Rennes we collected our rented car www.autoeurope.it and drove towards the north, direction Pluriel-Frehel.

PLURIEL - FREHEL
This area is in the middle of nowhere but so beautiful and fascinating. We booked a lovely bed & breakfast; in France these houses are called gites, www.gitesdefrance.com. The address is: Chambre d'hotes Mme Colette Guitrel, 22240 Pluriel-Frehel, phone no.02 9672 7337, guitrel@wanadoo.fr. For two nights, 3 persons it was 120,00 euro.
As it was late in the afternoon we only unpacked our stuff and went to have dinner in Sables d'Or les Pins at a restaurant called l'ocean http://www.ocean-restaurant.fr. We had scallops, prawns and vegetables and it was there where I first met the dessert of my life.........to be continued


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento